TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Provide epidemiologic expertise for the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study at NIDA, including but not limited to study design, field operations, methods and collection of questionnaire data and biological samples.
- Perform study design, management, decision making, workgroup material reviews, and presentations.
- Provide resource and budgeting oversight; collect, analyze and interpret data; prepare summaries and reports for staff review.
- Lead workgroups and team within relevant technical assigned expertise.
- Perform first pass reading, tracking and evaluation of deliverables.
- Conduct reviews of relevant workgroup materials; coordinate feedback across team and collaborators within the project; guide revisions.
- Coordinate and oversee relevant research findings, public information dissemination and responses to relevant inquiries.
- Conduct literature reviews; lead and collaborate on scientific manuscripts and reports for publications.
- Advise senior project staff on study decisions; troubleshoot issues; analyze study goals, timeline, planning and progress.
- Facilitate communication and collaborative efforts with other NIH Institutes and Department agencies in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate meetings and prepare meeting notes for standing assigned meetings.
- Coordinate materials and background information for advisory board meetings; prepare and distribute project briefing packets for staff.
- Stay abreast of relevant science, current research and relevant regulatory and policy-related issues
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Epidemiology, Health Sciences or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master’s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the research field.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data analyses, including longitudinal studies and/or mixed methods research.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience with EndNote.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- General knowledge of the epidemiology of tobacco use or a related topic in the health sciences field.
- Knowledge of study design, field operations, methods and data collection operations of large studies.
- Strong publication record, commensurate with experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written and exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task on a wide range of scientific and administrative responsibilities and pay close attention to detail.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.